Time for us to share another delicious Ridgecrest recipe. (How did you like the chocolate waffles by the way?) Now that summer is upon us, it’s time to be thinking about fun stuff like Sunday afternoon cookouts and utilizing all those great vegetables from your garden. Named after the employee who created this salad back in the 90′s, Helen’s Salad is a great option for those summer BBQ’s by the pool. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 1 cup broccoli florets, raw
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup green apples
- 1/2 cup red apples (cut in 1/2″ cubes w/peel left on)
- 1/2 cup Granny Smith apples (cut in 1/2″ cubes w/peel left on)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
Sweet Mayo Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar (+/- to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Whip together and chill for at least 30 minutes
Toss all ingredients and mix with sweet mayo dressing. Chill. Serves 8.