For the past several years Ridgecrest has had the honor of hosting the fall meeting of our LifeWay Trustees. It’s a great opportunity for our trustees and senior LifeWay leadership to experience all that Ridgecrest has to offer.
During this year’s meeting, our catering team once again did an awesome job with the food. In fact, I believe we all ate way too much! Today’s recipe was served the first night at a dinner reception held over at Camp Ridgecrest it was delicious. The recipe actually came to us via our food service manager’s son. If he’s got any more as good as this one, sure hope he passes them along to dear old dad!
- 2 pounds large peeled/deveined raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 12 8″ flour tortillas
- Mix orange marmalade, soy sauce and ginger. Marinate shrimp in mixture for 4-6 hours.
- Toss shredded cabbage in 1 cup white cilantro sauce (recipe below) and store in refrigerator.
- Saute shrimp until just done (as soon as they turn pink).
- Arrange 4-6 shrimp and 2 tablespoons of cabbage in flour tortilla and wrap.
- Serve with remaining white cilantro sauce.
White Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon each cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients and chill for at least 2 hours
After trying this one out, be sure and let us know what you think!