There are hundreds of blogs and articles on marketing advice, but this list is a quick reminder of some tips you can use in every aspect of your business. This list caters to marketing and advertising products as well as events, so think of them while you’re promoting absolutely anything!
- It’s easier to convince a current customer or repeat buyer to go to your conference than to persuade potential clients to become attendees. So, don’t forget to show some love for your current customer list; they are just as (if not more) important as newcomers!
- When using social media, don’t forget to add some quality content. If every post is trying to sell (direct marketing), your clients will get turned off. The “rule” is to write about semi-equal parts of general content about your niche, personal content about your company, and selling/advertising for your product/service/event. This mixture will show that you are credible and not pushy.
- Don’t market any ideas that are too far out of your niche. If you are a website design company, it wouldn’t be wise to post a random blog post about pants. Stay in your niche so your customers (and prospects) understand what your company stands for. Really, would you buy pants from a design company?
- Know your customers. Learn what they like and dislike. See what marketing strategies work and what don’t. There is always going to be trial and error in marketing and advertising, so pay attention and use what works for which group of clients!
- Branding is so extremely important. If you have a logo, a slogan, a spokesperson, or all three, make sure it is, or they are plastered on your marketing campaign so people recognize you quickly and easily.
- Customers come first. This one might be common sense, but it’s so important that I need to mention it. Make sure they are happy. If they have a question, answer it. If they have a complaint, try to help them to the best of your ability. If your attendees are content, you will be content.
I’m sure you know other great tips, so share in the comment section below!