My company uses The Sales Process all the time in our day-to-day work. As representatives of many different artists and speakers, it’s our job to be able to sell them and make others aware of their ministry and products.
Are you familiar with The Sales Process? If not, here it is:
- Step 1: Greeting. Engage the buyers. Find out their name and a little bit about them.
- Step 2: Profile. Gathering information about the buyer’s needs
- Step 3: Counseling. Giving the buyer information based on what they said during the profiling.
- Step 4: Production demonstration. In this step you list features and benefits of your product. For every feature there should be two benefits.
- Step 5: Close the sale. Ask for a commitment or time to call back.
I believe as Christian’s we should add a sixth step to The Sales Process:
- Step 6: Be a servant. Your goal cannot always be profit. Have a higher purpose of being a servant.
Truth be told, we all like to be sold.
My family recently purchased a car. I remember test driving with the sales man, asking him a question and him not knowing the answer. Now we purchased the car, but it was the one we wanted and had our eye on for a while.
If I’m purchasing clothes for my wife, I need to be sold. I’m completely lost here.
How do you sell your event?
Customer service agents should be regularly versed in The Sales Process. Quiz them when you see them in the hall, and reward them when they answer correctly.
Nowadays, there are websites they can do the selling for you following The Sales Process. When you set out to write your sales page copy, keep these steps in mind.
When you send a booth out to represent your event, make sure the people working the booth know The Sales Process.
Anywhere you are selling your event, use the steps in The Sales Process.
Side note: Maybe you’re just the planner and have nothing to do with selling, but you do have to sell your services as an event planner. Utilizing the steps in The Sales Process with the additional sixth step could change the way your clients view your abilities.