In our last blog post, we explored several event planning websites to guide you in the latest tips and trends as you prepare for events of all sizes. Today, we will highlight ten leadership blogs to follow as you seek to become a more well-rounded leader. Whether you lead a large organization or a small group, plan events for thousands or a simple retreat for your church, or have an accomplished resume of leadership positions or are just getting your foot in the door, these blogs offer great insight into all facets of leadership.
- Carey Nieuwhof: Carey Nieuwhof is a pastor, father, author and speaker who desires to “help people lead like never before.” Through his blog and podcasts, Carey shares both personal experiences (good and bad) and interviews leaders to gain their success strategies.
- LifeWay Leadership: This site is full of articles for both church staff and lay people. There are also links to leadership events, podcasts and training resources. While you are here, you can also link to other LifeWay ministry sites including kids, students, women’s and group ministries.
- Michael Hyatt: Michael Hyatt is the former Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. He currently runs his own online training company. Here you can find articles and podcasts on topics such as leadership, personal development and productivity.
- Eric Geiger: Eric Geiger leads the Church Resources division at LifeWay Christian Resources. In addition, he is an author and pastor. This blog contains great resources and practical tips for leaders of all levels.
- Leadership Freak: Dan Rockwell writes a daily post on various leadership topics for seasoned and upcoming leaders.
- Scotty Smith—The Gospel Coalition: Scotty Smith provides a daily Scripture reading and prayer based on that reading. This blog is a great devotional resource for leaders to prepare themselves each day.
- Brad Lomenick: Brad Lomenick was (and still remains) influential in the Catalyst movement. His posts range on topics from leadership and the next generation to innovation and creativity, to name a few.
- Scott Cochrane—A Leader’s Journey: Scott Cochrane is a leader in the Willow Creek Association, an organization with a vision to “help Christians grow their leadership to maximize Kingdom impact.” He writes about a wide assortment of leadership topics.
- Thom Rainer: Thom Rainer is President and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources. His regular podcasts, Rainer on Leadership, offer great information on various leadership topics for the church and beyond.
- Seth Godin: Seth Godin is an author and speaker with a knack for concise, witty posts that are both insightful and thought-provoking.
What about you? What leadership blogs do you follow? Comment in the section below.